Weinberger Lab Outreach and Volunteering
- Kay just submitted her PhD thesis and manuscript - busy December! Congratulations!
- Watch Leor give a talk at the Gladstone Fall Symposium - "Engineering Our Way to Next Generation Therapies". Starts around 11:20!
- Congratulations to Anand for being awarded the Mathilde Krim Fellowship in Basic Biomedical Research from The Foundation for AIDS Research! Press Release
- Congratulations to Anand for receiving the Gladstone Award of Excellence in Leadership!
- Leor was selected as a finalist for the 2016 Blavatnik National Awards for Young Scientists. Congratulations!
- Elizabeth and Leor just published a review in PLoS Genetics (Click here). Congratulations!
- Maike just received the NWO Rubicon Fellowship! Congratulations!
- Anand gave a talk at the 'Future Leaders in HIV
Annual Research Symposium 2016'. He was also awarded the Early-Career Award of Excellence in Basic Science. Congratulations!
- DARPA launched a new program exploring the development and design of Therapeutic Interfering Particles! (INTERCEPT Program).
- Maike Hansen joins the lab after completing her PhD from Radboud University in the Netherlands!
- Leor won the PI Mini-Prep Challenge Fundraising Event for the 2015 AIDS Walk with a final DNA concentration of ~750 ng / uL! He won despite having to wear handcuffs, not being able to look at the instructions, and was heard yelling "I'm just a theorist!" throughout the competition.
- Post-Doctoral Scholar Roy Dar, PhD. has accepted a faculty position at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the department of Bioengineering. Congratulations and good luck Roy!
- Post-Doctoral Scholar Anand Pai was recently awarded a CFAR grant! Congratulations!
- (Former) Research Associate Luke Rast was accepted into the System Biology PhD. Program at Harvard University!
- Leor is elected to the 2015 class of the College of Fellows for the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE). Congratulations! (http://gladstoneinstitutes.org/pressrelease/2015-01-21/gladstone-scientist-elected-to-prestigious-engineering-institution)
- Leor talks with ABC7 News about the current Ebola Virus outbreak in West Africa and current treatment options. (http://abc7news.com/health/possible-ebola-treatments-under-research/350999/)